As my faithful followers know, yesterday I celebrated my 61st birthday. It was a good day, but it got off to a rocky start. Rather than go into the painful details, I’ll just give you the bullet points.
- Due to the possibility of a hurricane hitting our area we cancelled plans for a weekend visit to Amelia Island.
- We’ll still have to pay for half the price of the room we cancelled because the hurricane didn’t enter into the picture until past the cancellation deadline. Thanks booking.com. Grrrr.
- My favorite convenience store was out of diet Dr. Pepper, so I had to do without my must have caffeinated beverage. To coffee drinkers, that would be like starting your day without coffee.
- Whole Foods couldn’t make me an iced chai latte because their chai delivery was late.
- The damned hurricane changed direction. I don’t want it to impact anyone, but since we cancelled our reservation and still have to pay for one night, how dare it not hit here?
- I had lunch at a table by myself while watching various groups of women engaged in pleasant social discourse. Dammit! It was my birthday.
- All became right with the world when I enjoyed a spa treatment at Aveda.
- Studly Doright lost his golf match, but played well.
- I received tons of birthday greetings.
- I don’t know how to make the bullets stop.
- Please help.
- Guess I’ll just say, Thank You for Reading. If you made it this far, you might need to get a life.
- Peace, people.
The big kid is me way back in the day. The cute kiddo is my adorable cousin on her first birthday. The man is my beloved Grandaddy.