Last year at this point my blog was just a newborn. It has grown and so have I, physically, emotionally, and mentally.
This was my post one year ago today, with an additional reason tacked on at the end.
On the eve of our 38th wedding anniversary
I thought it might be interesting to challenge myself to list 38 reasons I’m happy to be married to Studly Doright.
1. He thinks I’m smart.
2. His sense of humor. It’s corny and quick and keeps me on my toes.
3. He’s a great mechanic. That ability has been ridiculously valuable throughout our 38 years together. No matter how broke we were we always had reliable transportation.
4. He is handsome. Much better looking than I deserve.
5. He’s honest in his dealings with others. His golf buddies refer to him as the Boy Scout. He never cheats. Never.
6. He can admit when he’s wrong.
7. He isn’t afraid to show emotion.
8. He loves our kids fiercely.
9. The grand kids have compared him to a jungle gym. And he would do anything in his power to make them happy.
10. He is loyal, sometimes to a fault.
11. He treats his mother like a queen.
12. He is generous and big-hearted.
13. His laugh. Oh, wow, his laugh. Sitting through a funny movie with Studly is one of the best mood lifters in the world. I highly recommend it.
14. He is a really good kisser.
15. He is an incredible leader.
16. Have I mentioned how smart he is?
17. He will dance with me if he has had enough to drink.
18. He is a good driver.
19. He taught me to ride a motorcycle without wringing my neck.
20. He likes to hold hands.
21. He does everything in his power to make sure I’m happy.
22. Studly loves our cats as much as I do.
23. He is consistent. That might sound boring, but he’s the perfect counterpoint to my Inconsistency.
24. Punctuality is important to him.
25. He makes kick ass obstacle courses.
26. He is a decent amateur auctioneer for our family reunion fund raisers. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in witty repartee.
27. He is really good at mental math. I never need a calculator when he’s around.
28. My parents loved him.
29. He insisted that Daddy move in with us so we could care for him after Mom passed away. The two years we had with Dad before he died were some of the best of our lives.
30. He never lets me take myself too seriously.
31. He doesn’t worry.
32. He respects my opinion and listens to my points of view.
33. He sees me as an equal partner in our marriage.
34. He can cook much better than I can.
35. He can laugh at himself.
36. Studly has a stellar work ethic.
37. He knows how to enjoy life.
38. And, he loves me. He really, really loves me.
39. No matter how crazy his work becomes, he never brings it home.
I made it! Truth is I could’ve gone on and on, but I probably lost most of my readers half way through. That’s ok. This one’s for my husband.