There will be no bucket kicking for me when the time comes. Instead, I’ll be flinging a champagne flute and relishing the sound of breaking glass as I bid adieu to this life. All the same, I do have a list of things I’d like to do before my final day on earth. Thus…
My Champagne Flute List
1. Walk the runway in a fashion show. I’m not picky, either. Walmart, Kmart, I’m ready to strut in style.
2. Score backstage passes for any of the following acts:
A) Huey Lewis and the News (yes, they’re old, but I still have a tremendous crush on Huey)
B) Katy Perry (she fascinates me)
C) The Rolling Stones (of course)
D) Sir Paul (duh)
3. Sing in a rock and roll band. Preferably my own, but I’m open to suggestions.
4. Learn to play drums. Studly refuses to cooperate on this one. I can’t imagine why.
5. Tour Europe with a group of friends. None of those 10 countries in 11 days tours, either. I want a leisurely, relaxed tour with lots of wine and beer.
6. Take each of my grandchildren on individual, no holds barred expeditions to a destination of their choosing.
7. Spend a week at a spa with my daughter–one of those exclusive, all-inclusive places where we can relax and recover and talk.
8. Enjoy a drive through wine country with my son while listening to podcasts.
9. Corral my brothers and their families, my cousins and their families, and my children and grandchildren for a much needed family reunion.
10. Attend a Super Bowl with Studly, preferably with the Cowboys representing the NFC. Okay, any team. It doesn’t look like Jerry Jones plans on selling the team or hiring a real GM any time soon, and I’m not getting any younger.
11. Publish a novel and go on a major book tour.
I really need to start working on these. Cough. Cough. Another glass of wine, please.