My friend Mitch at http://mitchteemley.com, authors a powerful, inspiring, often magical blog, The Power of Story. I’m a big Mitch fan, so imagine my delight to learn he’d nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you, Mitch.
I confess I don’t often accept awards on WordPress, not because I’m not honored, but because I am just horrible at linking others’ blogs to mine. It’s an age thing.
When I was a kid a link was one part of a chain and not some futuristic doohickey meant to convey one through space and time to another website. And a website had more to do with a spider….but I digress.
Part of accepting an award is following instructions. Let’s see how well I do, shall we?
1. Thank the person who nominated me and include a link to their blog. (check)
2. List the rules and display the award. (So far, so good)
3. Add 7 facts about me. (Seven seems reasonable, but honestly I could go on and on.)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers. (Wish me luck on the linkage part!)
5. Leave a comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated (Alrighty then! Again, wish me luck.)
7 Facts About Me:
1. I’m a lousy cook. My entire repertoire consists of dishes that can be made in the crockpot using five ingredients or fewer. Sometimes I still mess up.
2. As a child I was a compulsive liar. The facts were never quite exciting enough, so I was forever making stuff up. Kind of like I do now.
3. I ride a motorcycle, and took a solo journey from central Illinois to Dallas, Texas, to celebrate turning 50. I’ll be 60 in October and need a way to top that trip. Suggestions?
4. I’m a native Texan, having been born in Buddy Holly’s hometown of Lubbock. I grew up in Floydada, Texas, home of the Floydada Whirlwinds. I just enjoy saying Floydada. You should, too.
5. My husband, who I affectionately call Studly Doright, was my high school sweetheart. In July we’ll celebrate 40 years of marriage.
6. I’ve seen Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope over one hundred times. I still fantasize that one day Han Solo will come to propose and we’ll fly away together in the Milennium Falcon. Studly’s given his ok.
7. I’m affectionately known as Nana to five brilliant, beautiful, and spunky grandkids. Best fact ever!
I nominate these fine bloggers to receive The One Lovely Blog Award. Please check them out, send them some love, maybe bake them a muffin.
Sanseilife writes haiku, reflection, and shares her art through her wonderful blog: https://sanseilife.wordpress.com/author/sanseilife.
The mischievous Anna is a poet and an artist. http://themischiefmemoirs.com/author/themischievousanna.
Bunkaryudo writes one of the funniest blogs out there. If he doesn’t make you laugh, there’s something seriously wrong with your laugher. http://bunkaryudo.com/author/bunkaryudo/
Miss Crumpett focuses on the humorous and often touching antics of the students in her classroom. https://thecrumpettfiles.wordpress.com.
Mike Bizeau is a nature photographer who gets me as close to the great outdoors as I’ve ever been without leaving the comfort of my own living room. http://naturehasnoboss.com.
Mike Steeden pens the most incredible poetry. He makes me laugh and think simultaneously. The thinking part is the hardest, for me anyway. https://mikesteeden.wordpress.com.
My friend and fellow Words With Friends aficionado, Andy Garrabrant, is a poet whose beautiful soul shines through in every piece he writes. https://aroilinpain.wordpress.com.
The author of the blog, Windmills of My Mind, writes reflection pieces that’ll make you smile and maybe shed a tear or two. https://contemporaneousquixotic.wordpress.com
The blog, A Not So Jaded Life, is a great pick-me-up with timely quotes and stories of every day life. https://anotsojadedlife.wordpress.com/author/anotsojadedlife
The Joys of Joel is a poetry blog, and oh so smooth. https://joysofjoel.wordpress.com.
One of the loveliest and edgiest blogs I’ve recently discovered is https://scottishmomus.wordpress.com. I’m seriously crazy about her poetry.
Laine Ann Jensen writes real from-the-heart romantic poetry on her blog, http://frommidnighttodawnlight.com.
If you’re into edgy fashion and photography, I highly recommend that you check out http://grungeandart.com.
Jan Wilberg is one of my all time favorites. She’s honest and witty and insightful. Her blog, https://redswrap.wordpress.com is a must read.
Rounding off my fifteen is the blog https://eurobrat.wordpress.com. Certainly worth your time, eurobrat is both thoughtful and thought-provoking.
The worst part about these nominations, other than the linking thing, is the number of folks I’ve left off! If I follow you, I do so because you’ve got something important or funny to say or display, like https://juliepowell2014.wordpress.com/
Oh, and http://inesemjphotography.com
Ok, I’m not all that good at following directions. So sue me.