Saint Helen grabbed her iPhone and quickly snapped this photo as the bird flew away to handle some noisy business just around the bend in the lake. Our imaginations have run amok:
- The bird is fending off an alligator
- The bird is protecting a nest
- The bird is attempting to establish its dominance over another male
- The bird is trying to impress a female
- The bird is auditioning for an episode of Swamp People.
Heck, we aren’t even sure what kind of bird this is. Maybe an egret? A heron? An ostrich? If any of my readers can identify it I’d be grateful.