I refuse to overthink the storyline of the final season of Game of Thrones. These are some thoughts that have wandered through my mind, though.
1) Some of my favorite characters are going to die violent deaths.
2) I will be bereft for a time.
3) Dragons are going to kick ass on both sides of the war, and there will most likely be fratricide among the flying reptiles.
4) A child conceived on the eve of battle between the living and the dead could end up ruling the seven kingdoms.
5) There should be an award in recognition of the character that’s demonstrated the most growth. I vote for Arya. No, Sansa. Jaime? Wait, Bran isn’t even human anymore. Does that count as growth?
6) Is it okay to like Theon now? He’s let us down so many times.
7) Back to the dragons–the Game of Thrones dragons are, without a doubt, the most perfectly rendered dragons ever.
8) Tyrion–I hope he lives.
9) Cersei–meh, not so much.
10) I’d like to see Brienne fall in love with someone who loves her passionately. Someone who adores her and lets her know that every single day of her life.