Early Monday morning I rolled over in bed to watch Studly Doright pack for an overnight business trip. The act took him exactly three and a half minutes. I timed him.
On Monday around 3 p.m. I began packing for a week long road trip to Texas. As of nine p.m., I’m still at it. Now, keep in mind this isn’t a business trip. Most days I’ll just wear jeans and a blouse; although, I am packing a dress and heels for the evening that my niece and I go to see Michelle Obama in Austin.
So why does it take me so long to pack?
- I get distracted easily. I had to watch the Ellen Degeneres Show, and then I needed a snack.
- The characters in the book I’m currently reading are in a rough spot, so I had to stop and read them out of it.
- My favorite jeans needed to be washed.
- My niece texted me to say I needed a clear bag for the Michelle Obama event, so I had to go shopping.
- My regular wallet was too big to fit in the clear bag, so I also had to buy a new (cheap) wallet.
- I got hungry. Again.
- My cats’ litter boxes had to be cleaned.
- The car I’m driving to Texas was filthy. I drove to the car wash and cleaned it inside and out.
- The cats needed to go out on the back porch.
- Then the cats needed to come back in.
- Write a blog post.
I know I’ll get the job done eventually. Maybe after “The Voice” is over.