What a terrific piece by elladotlife.wordpress.com.
Yes, lets imagine a world WITHOUT MUSLIMS, shall we?
Without Muslims you wouldn’t have:
- Experimental Physics
- Crank-shaft, internal combustion engine, valves, pistons
- Combination locks
- Architectural innovation (pointed arch -European Gothic cathedrals adopted this technique as it made the building much stronger, rose windows, dome buildings, round towers, etc.)
- Surgical instruments
- Treatment of Cowpox
- Fountain pen
- Numbering system
- Modern Cryptology
- 3 course meal (soup, meat/fish, fruit/nuts)
- Crystal glasses
- Gardens used for beauty and meditation instead of for herbs and kitchen.
- UniversityOpticsMusicToothbrushHospitalsBathingQuiltingMariner’s CompassSoft drinksPendulumBrailleCosmeticsPlastic surgeryCalligraphyManufacturing of paper and cloth
It was a Muslim who realized that light ENTERS our eyes, unlike the Greeks who thought we EMITTED rays, and so invented a camera from this discovery.
It was a Muslim who first tried to FLY in 852, even though it is the Wright Brothers who have taken the credit.
View original post 287 more words